The design of an irrigation system is a complex task due to the large number of factors involved in the process. This way its study begins with calculating irrigation needs, which summarizes it is intended to know the water consumption needed by crops at the time of greatest need, and the subsequent system design.
Calculation of Irrigation needs:
Based on the factors involved in the process of calculation and customer specifications we calculate the total of irrigation needs, which shall include the following sections:
- Needs per plant depending on the weather, which become requirements per unit area for calculating the number of emitters required depending on the flow thereof and their disposition under a framework of planting and soil type.
- Total requirements of the farm, depending on its size and the number of irrigation sectors. From this point the technical department will begin the design of the irrigation system.
Irrigation System Design
The design of the irrigation system is the disposition of various elements of the system in order to maximize its effectiveness in the most economical manner.
The factors taken into account in the design of the irrigation system are:
- The slope.
- The load losses caused by the friction of the water with the pipes
- La localización de los recursos hídricos. Pozos, pantanos, etc.
- The location of water resources. Wells, reservoirs, etc.
- The possible obstacles that may have the farm as gas pipes or water, power lines, etc.
After studying the various factors affecting the design process, the final project solution is obtained and plans detailing the layout of the irrigation system are developed.