There are different models of issuers. Depending on crop requirements and equipment, there is a different model of transmitter for each installation.
They are differentiated by colors, each giving a concrete and other flow characteristics. They have multiple forms, there are round, wedge, concave, flat, etc.
They can be classified by the flow that provide:
Los podemos clasificar por el caudal que aportan:
- Low flow: 20-40 l / h, used in dense greenhouses plantings of vegetable, nurseries and seed.
- Medium flow rate: 50 to 80 l / h.
- High flow: 100-240 l / h, used in greenhouse horticulture plantations and trees.
Generally the most common type of nozzle is the dancer type, as this microsprinklers type are designed in a modular way, with interchangeable parts, enabling multiple combinations to meet the needs of all facilities.
We can also find on the market other types of micro-sprinklers such as microsprinklers impact, propeller, etc.
The installation of this microsprinklers can be performed by the following ways:
- Inserted directly into the irrigation pipeline.
- Hanging, connected by microtubes to the irrigation pipeline.
- Installed on stakes in various shapes and sizes that rise on the floor and hold the microsprinkler at a certain height on it.
The microsprinklers can be coupled multiple pieces that give characteristics that contribute to the optimization of irrigation.
We could include:
- Arc: Its aim is to prevent dripping and shadow areas, favoring irrigation uniformity.
- Anti nebulizer: Device slows down the rate of jet outlet, producing larger droplets which are less sensitive to drag and wind dispersal.
- Flow regulator: A device which maintains constant the flow rate of microsprinkler, within a certain range of pressures. It is basically a device that brings to microsprinkler feature "self compensating".
How to choose the best microsprinkler?
To choose a microsprinkler must to consider:
- Nozzle type depending on the required flow.
- The operating pressure, which will usually be between 1.5 and 2 bar.
- The separation between microsprinklers, which should match its range.
- The line spacing.
- The installation mode.